Friday, April 13, 2012

Review: Immortal By Gillian Shields

Immortal (Immortal, #1)


Series: Immortal 1
Age group: Young adult
Book: bought, hardcover
Author's info: Harperteen.com
Published: Harper Collins
Pages: 360

Welcome to Wyldcliffe, the place that haunts my present, my past, and my future.

Wyldcliffe Abbey School for Young Ladies is elite, expensive, and unwelcoming. When Evie Johnson is torn from her home near the sea to become the newest scholarship student, strict teachers, snobbish students, and the oppressive atmosphere of Wyldcliffe leave her drowning in loneliness.

Evie's only lifeline is Sebastian, a mysterious and attractive young man she meets by chance. As Evie's feelings for Sebastian blaze with each secret meeting, she begins to fear that he is hiding something about his past. And she is haunted by glimpses of a strange, ghostly girl—a girl who is so eerily like Evie she could be a sister. Evie is slowly drawn into a tangled web of past and present that she cannot control. As the extraordinary, elemental forces of Wyldcliffe rise up like the mighty sea, Evie is faced with an astounding truth about Sebastian, and her own incredible fate.

                                                               Review

This is such a wonderful story, so captivating. I bought and read this book about 3 years ago, the year it came out. I had no idea that it was going to be part of a series, but this yaer i got back into reading and ordered the second and thrid book online. So i re-read this book and i loved it again. I feel like i want to be Evie's friend and help her. I describe this book as a haunting tale, a paranormal romance, it's mysterious, and suspenseful.This book also has magic. There are also the mean girls, especially on, the queen bee, who is nothing but mean to everyone. I love how the book goes back and forth from the present to the past, that is how some characters are described.
The characters: Evie, the new girl in school. Had no choice but to come to boarding school due to circumstances at home. Helen, who some people call crazy, is Evie's good friend. Sarah, always there for her friends, Helen and Evie. Frankie, Evie's grandmother, who took care of her before she had to go to the Abbey. The teachers of the school weren't friendly or pleasant. They seem pretty heartless, like if they ever smile, it will freak you out, cause they never smile. Evie's father, who is away because he is in the military. I really like how the story unfolds, it literally starts off with a bang. I like stories like this, they don't make you wonder when the action is going to start, or when the main character is going to stop telling us about their feelings, lol. The twist in the end was unexpected, I didn't see it coming.
I give this book 5/5 because i loved it. It is a good story that I can't wait to finish reading, all I need is the last book to come out.
I recommend this book if you like "The Hollow" Series.
Have a good day & enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...