Monday, May 18, 2015

Review: Thrust by Victoria Ashley

Thrust

Thrust by Victoria Ashley
Published: April 6, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Received from the author for review 
My Rating: 


Other books I've reviewed by Victoria Ashley
SLADE
HEMY
THIS REGRET


2 brothers... 1 girl... 

I never expected to be that girl. The one desiring the touch of two brothers and being thrust into a world of intense pleasure. Not in reality anyway.

Both of these brothers are out to please and they both have the equipment to do it. The Wilder brothers have proved that.

Kyan Wilder fucks like no other man I've ever experienced. He's rough, creative and still willing to be gentle when you need it. He's every single woman's desire brought to life and he's not willing to let me go until he's done pleasing me in every possible way he can.

Hunter Wilder is a loose cannon. He likes to party, get wild and then show you a good time in the bedroom. He keeps me pleased and reminds me that I'm still young and not everything in life needs to be so serious.

We're all fine with sharing. Things are going smoothly. It saves the brothers from having to commit and it ensures that I'll always get the sexual satisfaction that I desire. I mean what girl doesn’t dream of having sex with the two most sinfully sexiest brothers to walk this earth?

Well I didn’t… Until I got a taste.

But then I remembered that nothing this good lasts forever...
 

BUY LINKS:  AMAZON I NOOK





"This woman might just have the power to break me completely..."


"Kyan and Hunter have to be the sexiest brothers to walk this earth and I have the pleasure to experience both."




This one is just because this man is utter perfection.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The only sentence that you need to know is...
This book definitely lives up to it's name THRUST. But of course I'll elaborate lol. Lots of sexy scenes with the brothers. You need this book in your life! I've loved everything I've read by Victoria and she's really impressed me since the first book. She has a way of writing and story telling that I really enjoy. I also liked that it was told between Kyan and Calla, both points of view were interesting.

The story starts with Calla, she's a photographer and lives with her best friend Tori. Let me just say that Tori is absolutely hilarious, and the banter between her and Calla is so funny. I laughed out loud a few times during this book. So Calla and Tori moved into a new building that they had been saving for. Calla meets Kyan in the bar that belongs to the building, she's a little tipsy and he has to take her to her apartment. They meet up a few times, she photographs him for the cover of a book. I loved that part of the book, that our world (the book world) was included. It turns out to be a smoking hot shoot. Kyan also ends up training her at a gym as well and let me tell you he worked her all up. He did it all. I liked their relationship because he could be rough or gentle and he was definitely creative in the bedroom and everywhere else they got it on. As far as emotionally, Kyan was there for her during a very tough time for Calla and she was grateful for that. Even in the bedroom he was caring and always took care of her.

In comes Hunter, the younger brother. Mind you, when I started reading this book I hadn't read the blurb so I didn't know what to expect other than an awesome read. So when I started reading that she was with both brothers I'm thinking wow we are blurring  some lines here. And I know that it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea and it took some getting used to from my part as well. Victoria didn't write Calla as a hussy trying to get with both brothers, she didn't know in the beginning. Hunter is the guy that Calla had a crush on in high school but she never told him because she had a boyfriend. Hunter also had a crush on her but never told her because of the same issue. Hunter is the kind of guy that like to have fun with women and won't think twice about it, he's not that big of an ass but he's a player. He just wanted to be with Calla, no strings attached, much more about 'wam, bam, thank you ma'am' lol. He just wanted to sleep with her since he didn't get the chance to in high school. But he actually surprised me in the end, it turns out he's not so bad.

As the story goes on, there's a lot of steamy scenes of Calla with each boy and we also find out more about each character. Omg was this book sexy! It turns out that both Calla and Kyan have been hurt in the past and refuse to have relationships because they don't want to risk it. I have to say that the subject of her sister's wedding was hard for me to read because there was so much emotion going on and it captured my attention like nothing else. The feels were out of control for me because it was written so well, I felt everything that Calla was going through. It reminds me of the book This Regret by her as well, the emotions that Victoria is able to portray in writing are amazing. That book will really tug at your heart. 

Coming up to the end, Calla develops feelings for one of the brothers and has to make a decision to either stop seeing them both or let one of them know about her feelings. She didn't feel right about being with both of them since they were brothers. It turns out they all do the right thing. And I'll leave you with that. 

I thought the plot was original for me, I hadn't read anything like it. It was written very well and it captured my attention from the beginning. I enjoyed reading it and I was anxious to know what was to come next. The characters were well developed and they matured during the book. It was funny, really sexy, and it also had it's cute moments. I was ecstatic to be working with Victoria once again, she always surprises me with how much emotion she could fit in each book and I look forward to working with her in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...