Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: Taking Chances (1) & Stealing Harper; Taking Chances (2) (Spoilers)



Stealing Harper (Taking Chances, #2)


Description

Chase Grayson has never been interested in having a relationship that lasts longer than it takes for him and his date to get dressed again. But then he stumbles into a gray-eyed girl whose innocence pours off her, and everything changes. From the minute Harper opens her mouth to let him know just how much he disgusts her, he's hooked.

But a princess deserves a Prince Charming who can make her dreams come true. Not a guy who can turn her life into a nightmare.

All good intentions go out the window when Harper starts to fall for the guy Chase has come to view as a brother. He wanted to protect her by keeping her away, but he can't stand to see her with anyone else, and he'll do anything to make her his. But when it comes down to Harper choosing between the two, will Chase have the strength to step back from the girl who has become his whole world if it means she's happy?

Lines will be crossed. Friendships will be put to the test. And hearts will be shattered.

CAUTION: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ TAKING CHANCES

My Review: This will have SPOILERS!

Well I missed that highlight part!! That is my only friggin complaint & it's a big one! I have an ebook copy of this book & nowhere did it say that this was part 2! Sorry but I'm having a rant here.

This book is a love triangle; Harper starts dating Brandon (Chase's roommate & friend). Chase distances himself but inevitably falls in love with Harper, but she's in love with both of them. Then drama happens.

If I would have read the first book I would have NOT read this book. I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is one of the best books I've read until the END. I fell in love with Chase and I'm rooting for him the entire time & what happens in the end? He dies! Effing hell! And you don't even know what's happening unless you read the first book.

So I hate this book because the main character dies in the end, so I don't know why you would read a book when the main character dies. I get attached to characters like there's no tomorrow so I hate that it happened because it wasn't fair. I am very unhappy about the ending of this book. No other book has EVER affected me as much as this one & I'm so upset about it, still; since it's been awhile since I read it.

So I finished this book thinking it was the first book, well it wasn't. I'm looking everywhere to see when the next book comes out & I find out there's a first book & that this one is the second. OMG! I read the description and it said that it has a happily ever after & I'm thinking how the hell cause Chase died. So I'm thinking "Oh hell no, She's with the other guy" and sure enough... it happened.

This book gets 2/5 stars.

Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1)

Description

Her first year away is turning out to be nearly perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.

Eighteen-year-old Harper has grown up under the thumb of her career marine father. Ready to live life her own way and to experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit, she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family, and emotions. She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with both her new boyfriend, Brandon, and her roommate's brother, Chase. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both men adore Harper and would do anything for her, including taking a step back if it would mean she'd be happy.



Where do I begin with this book? I really didn't like it, I tried & by the middle where Chase dies I'm just so worn out & so done with this book. By 75% into the book I have no idea what else could happen, it feels like it's just dragging along so I stopped reading by 91% because it's just ridiculous; you killed my favorite character and you expect me to read on as someone else enjoys his family I don't think so. It wasn't realistic that Chase's family was ok with Harper being with Brandon so quick after Chase died.

I give this book 2/5 stars.


Itara

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you read Book#2 first that must have been terrible. I read Book#1 and was pissed that Chase died but actually enjoyed it. I haven't read Stealing Harper yet but I am interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on Chase 's side the entire time I read book 2 & I really thought they were going to end up together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...