Monday, April 8, 2013

Review: The Changeling Quest (Children of the Fae Book 1) By Maria Moloney





Author: Maria Moloney
Series: Children of The Fae Book 1
Book: Sent to me from the publishing company O Books of John Hunt Publishing
Author’s info: Children of The Fae Website
My Rating: 4/5


The full power of the freezing water crashed into them, knocking them off their feet, snatching Tara’s breath away. She managed to hook one arm around the handrail, trying her best to hold onto Lucy with the other. As one side of the bridge collapsed, Lucy’s feet scrabbled to keep a footing, but she slipped down the wooden planks. 
Tara lost her grip, but managed to grab Lucy’s hand as she held it out. She was left dangling over the water.
‘I can’t hold on, Tara. Don’t let me fall! Please don’t let go!’ Lucy begged, her hand beginning to slip from Tara’s. 
There was no time to think. ‘No, I won’t let you go, Lucy.’ With that, Tara let go of the handrail and they plunged together into the raging torrent.
Tara realises there is something strange about herself when every time she goes into water her fingers begin to web and legs feel funny. But then her sister Niamh is a changeling, a fairy child exchanged for a human child ten years before. Now it’s time for Niamh to return to her own world, and Tara and friends, Lucy and Jared, intend to go with her. (Synopses)
                                                                    Review

From reading the synopses I thought, Oh wow this book is going to be adventurous, and it was! This story is about a girl called Tara who lives with her sister Niamh, Uncle Fergus, and her mom. Uncle Fergus has told stories about this child from another world being changed for another, Niamh and Tara not knowing what to believe set out to find out who Niamh really was and to find Tara’s actual sister. As Niamh could not keep the excitement to herself, she invited her best friend Lucy; who could not go anywhere without her big brother Jared, so he also went on the journey. So much happened to these poor kids there had to be someone plotting against them, there was evil plotting and betrayals. But not all things that happened were bad; there was magic, wonder, and innocence. They were in danger because of who they were and they couldn’t change that, they had to find a way to survive while trying to find out who they were. Princess Donella was a special character for me because her parents were trapped in a secret island called Ynys Is and her Aunt Marvaanagh never showed her any affection. She wasn’t happy living with her aunt, she looked forward to her annual visits to her other aunt, Aunt Gwyn; she was the only one who Donella felt really cared for her. I thought all the characters had great development but I really was rooting for Donella to find happiness.

I really enjoyed this story. The scenery was amazing, the descriptions of the castles, and the dresses. It was all so enchanting, I felt. In the Otherworld things are not what they seem, and that was a huge part of the plot; the excitement of finding out the mysteries. Although I didn't figure out the secrets ahead of time, I enjoyed the unraveling of the secrets. I was at the edge of seat a lot in this story and I can’t wait for the next one, I’m sure it will also knock my socks off.  

XO Midnight Fantasies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...