Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Review: Money Run By Jack Heath





Author: Jack Heath
Series: ??
Source: NetGalley for review
Released: April 1, 2013
Publisher: Scholastic
My Rating: DNF

Description

When a heist goes wrong, teen thief Ash finds herself in a high stakes game of cat-and-mouse.

Ashley "Ash" Arthur is a teen thief. Motivated by the thrills as much as the money, she's pulled off some amazing heists with the help of her childhood friend Benjamin, who acts as tech support. Now she's got the world's richest man in her sights, convinced that Hammond Buckland has 2 million dollars hidden away in his corporate HQ.

Ash isn't the only one with an interest in Buckland. The Australian government gets his fortune if he dies on their soil, so they've sent their #2 assassin, Peachey, to kill him. With Ash and Peachey both sneaking around the office building and working at cross purposes, it's only a matter of time before their paths cross and Peachey decides Ash has seen too much to live.

Once it's a matter of life and death, can Ash keep her eye on the prize?

Set over the course of a single night within a single building, this is a page-turning thriller with gadgets, guts, and summer-blockbuster action. (Synopsis)


                                                          Review

I have to say that this was the first heist-ish book I’ve read. I took a chance because the plot sounded interesting and enjoyable to read, with that said: I did not finish this book. It started off good, from the perspective of Ashley (Ash) who is a teen thief. In the beginning she is in a plane stealing the content of a briefcase, it was impossibly hard and complicated to do so that gave me a good perspective as to how good she was at being a thief. As the story unfolds, she reveals how her house was burglarized and how she stole everything back which I thought was pretty cool. Where the plot takes a bad turn for me is when I notice that this book is from so many peoples’ perspectives. First it is Ashley, then it’s Michael Peachy, then it’s Detective Wright. And I thought it was too much when it was only Ashley and Peachy. I just think that there was too much going on and from so many different perspectives, and also the fact that the plot was not hooking me.

The plot consists of Ashley wanting to steal several million at the same time as Peachy is trying to kill Buckland and the detective comes in after as a consequence of all that happening. The characters also failed to capture my attention, I didn’t feel for them.

In the end, I took a chance on this book thinking it was something different for me to read and I ended up not liking it, it’s my own preference; it’s just not the type of book I like to read. In this case I’m not going to rate this book because I didn’t like the genre of the book, not that I didn’t like the book itself, and that’s on me so I should not penalize the book because I chose the wrong genre. I do recommend this book to people that like heist-ish and suspenseful books. Unfortunately, this book was not for me but I know that many other people have enjoyed it.


XO Itara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...