Thursday, April 25, 2019

Review: Toxic- ( Ruin 2 ) by Rachel Van Dyken

Toxic (Ruin, #2)

Toxic by Rachel Van Dyken
Published: March 4, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought Ebook edition
My Rating:

Reviews from other Rachel books:
Shame (Ruin 3) Review & Excerpt
Entice ( Eagle Elite 3 )




Everyone has a secret...

Gabe Hyde is on borrowed time. He's been hiding his identity for over four years-hidden from the world that used to adore him--obsess over him--driven to the edge of insanity by one poor choice. 
But that one choice, altered the course of his life forever. 
Pretending isn't all it's cracked up to be, especially when pretending means hiding your real self from the people that care about you the most. But if anyone ever discovered the truth it wouldn't just be his life at risk--but hers. 

Saylor doesn't hate men. 
Just Gabe. 
Only Gabe. 
He's a reckless, happy-go-lucky, silver spoon fed pain in her ass. Everything about him makes her more and more confused. Unfortunately they both donate time at the same Group Home. If she wasn't afraid of flunking, she'd be long gone. She hates that she's attracted to him almost as much as he hates that he's attracted to her--and she can tell, especially since their first encounter ended up making her knees so weak she couldn't form coherent sentences for weeks afterwards. But the closer she gets to him, the more confused she becomes. He isn't who he says he is, and he's hiding something big. 

What happen when two worlds collide? Two worlds that never should have met in the first place? Some secrets are too big to be hidden forever--the only question? Will his destroy everyone he loves? Or finally bring about the redemption he's been craving for the past four years?

Everyone has a secret...What's yours?




That man could be the devil himself - and probably was if his earlier behavior was any indication - and all it would take would be one song and I'd be putty. That's why musicians were dangerous, they made you forget yourself. 


”I could be her friend. I could be Wes’s friend. Hell, I could even be a good cousin to Lisa, but I’d never end up with anyone. My soul mate? I’d already met her.”


”That…” He leaned in. “…is how you perform. Like every kiss is both your first and last – like you’re saying both hello and goodbye – like you’ve just been born…like you’ve just died.” 

“And you, little girl, better be careful. You’re dangerously close to getting me to fall for you, and I don’t do relationships, I do girls.”


This series man!! It is intense in the emotional department and this book was no exception. We met Gabe in the first book, he seemed like a carefree guy who was also a player with the ladies. I was not prepared for the discovery of his secret, it was a shocker and very sad. This book will have you laughing and definitely crying. In true Rachel style there are secrets to be revealed and other goodies to learn. I was at the edge of my seat and I couldn't wait to find out more. This is the second series I read of hers and after it I've read almost all her books. She's incredible, I love her writing style and her ability to make you feel so much. I care about these characters and they have a special place in my heart. 

I really fell in love with Gabe and Saylor, I liked how they brought the best out in each other. They didn't have the best start to their relationship but it developed into something beautiful. Gabe was funny and caring but there was also his other side of being remorseful and depressed. He was having a battle within himself for four years. It really touched my heart because of everything that he had been through. His story left me with so many feels, I definitely cried in some parts. Gabe was such a wonderful person, there were many layers to his personality and that was written very well. Saylor was the good girl just trying to figure out the bad boy and getting closer to him, she got way more than she bargained for. 

This story was beautiful, heartbreaking, and an emotional roller coaster and I loved every minute of it. The plot, the characters, the writing, everything was just brilliant. The twists and turns definitely what Rachel is well known for. I really enjoy seeing all the characters for the previous book, I like how she blends the books together that way. I can not recommend this book and series enough, it will capture your heart and you will become a Rachel fan forever. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...