Saturday, February 22, 2014

Review: Mustang Sassy By Daire St. Denis


Mustang Sassy

Mustang Sassy
By Daire St. Denis
Contemporary Romance
Source: ARC From Netgalley
Publisher: Entangled: Edge
Published: February 24, 2014
My Rating: 



When Sass Hogan catches her boyfriend slow-dancing and doing the tongue-tango with Tori Double-D-Cup Hunter, she pays him back the only way she knows how—by taking a tire iron to his beloved ’67 Mustang Fastback. There’s only one problem. She’s destroyed the wrong car.
 
Jordan Michaels wants his car fixed, now, and he wants Sass’s auto body shop to do it.  But the handsome blond has a secret−he’s really Jordan Carlyle of Carlyle’s Classics, Hogan’s biggest competitor, and he’s determined to prove himself to his family. 

As Sass and Jordan get to know each other, the depth of the attraction has them falling in love. But a relationship based on lies will only leave them primed for the worst wreck of their lives. 


Daire St. Denis

Contemporary romance author, adventure seeker, seasonal hermit and wine lover...
Contact Info:




"I'm scared too, you know. I think love is supposed to be scary. Kind of like driving fast."
"When you drive fast, so fast you're on the verge of losing control," Jordan kept talking and kissing. "There's nothing like it..." 
"It's exhilarating-- " 
"Yet dangerous."
"That's love, Sass"
"Is that how you feel?"
"You better believe it." Jordan said.

"Dammit Sass," Jordan whispered. "I suspect loving you will be the best ride of my life."

I had to fight with this book to keep my attention. Sassy rebuilt cars in a shop owned by her father so there was a lot of mechanic talk that I didn't get. I'm guessing Sass would be the dream girl of a guy that loved cars cause she did as well. She's very spunky and doesn't take crap from nobody. Yet it still didn't keep my attention, I can't really put my finger on it. For one thing, I think the book is too long. I also liked Jordan's character better than Sass; he was on a mission. He had to impress his family and make them believe that he wasn't a screw up. I feel like Jordan's character was more well rounded and more believable. So much happened to Sass and if I were her, I would have freaked out in a very bad way and then had a nervous breakdown, so the fact that she didn't wasn't working for me and I didn't get how she could be semi-fine with everything. She wasn't a character I could have related to, not her job or her personality.

My favorite parts of this book were the cover and the ending. Which turns out that Jordan is pretty sweet, I got a gleam of that the first time Sass and him were together where he wanted her to spend the night to actually be with her but all she wanted was a 'wam-bam, thank you ma'am' sort of deal. 

I do however recommend this book to those of you out there that like antique cars or that know anything about cars. Jordan sketches cars and in one he describes it as the sketch that is based on the past, present, and the future. So Jordan is also an artist, so those who like art might enjoy this as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...