Saturday, May 10, 2014

Review: Real Ugly By C.M. Stunich

Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots, #1)

Real Ugly
By C.M. Stunich
Series: Hard Rock Roots # 1
Published: June 9, 2013
My Rating



Turner Campbell is an asshole.
I f*cking hate him.
But I can't get enough either.
He sings like an angel and f*cks like a devil.
If I could, I'd run away and never look back because to tell you the truth, I think this man might be the death of me.

***

Naomi Knox is a bitch.
I can't f*cking stand her.
But I can't stop thinking about her either.
She looks like an angel and plays like a devil.
If I could, I'd f*ck her good and forget all about her, but to tell you the truth, I think this woman might be my last saving grace.


C.M. Stunich

C.M. Stunich was raised under a cover of fog in the area known simply as Eureka, CA. A mysterious place, this strange, arboreal land nursed Caitlin's (yes, that's her name!) desire to write strange fiction novels about wicked monsters, magical trains, and Nemean Lions (Google it!). She currently enjoys drag queens, having too many cats, and tribal bellydance.

Always a fan of the indie scene and 'sticking it to the man,' Ms. Stunich decided to take the road less traveled and forgo the traditional publishing route. You can be assured though that she received several rejections as to ensure her proper place in the world of writers before taking up a friend's offer to start a publishing company. Sarian Royal was born, and Ms. Stunich's books slowly transformed from mere baking chocolate to full blown tortes with hand sculpted fondant flowers.

C.M. is a writer obsessed with delivering the very best and scours her mind on a regular basis to select the most unusual stories for the outside world.

Ms. Stunich can be reached via e-mail or by post and loves to hear from her readers. Ms. Stunich also wrote this biography and has no idea why she decided to refer to herself in the third person.

Come visit me at www.cmstunich.com !



I was born with this horrible affliction the leaves me attracted to men. Why haven't they invented a cure for that shit yet? Check  the facts. It's the world's deadliest disease. I kid you not.-Naomi

Despite his callous attitude and 'all be damned' bullshit, Turner has enough passion to light the sky on fire. He does it with his music.-Naomi

________________

"Tearing me up, shredding me inside;my walls are coming down in flames."
"If you break me, baby, be prepared to pick up the pieces."


I loved this story! There's rock & roll, sleeping around, drugs, tattoos, and cursing. Hot sexy rock stars everywhere! This story takes time on tour. This book was what I knew would happen in that world. I got so caught up in the story, it grabbed my attention and kept it. I love books like this, that you can just sink into the story. I enjoyed the dual POVs, I love being in both their minds, reading what they thought about each other. Pretty volatile stuff but so very funny. But there are secrets everywhere from everyone and I couldn't wait to find them out. It was quite a ride.

Naomi plays the guitar for Amatory Riot, she wrote their songs but didn't sing until later in the book. I love that she doesn't take crap from anybody. But she was troubled and damaged, she tried to hide it but she eventually got figured out. She hated Turner because they shared a memory that scarred her and she was never the same again. What Naomi wanted most was to be free of all the secrets that clouded her mind, will she find her peace with Turner?

Turner is the lead singer for Indecency. He was so full of himself, to the point of annoyingly arrogant, but I loved him. When he saw Naomi, he thought he knew her from somewhere and he didn't stop until he found out. What he wants the most is to be remembered and more importantly he wanted respect. But will he get it from Naomi?

Every other character is also important in the grand scheme of things, the books to come will be focused on them. 
P.S: I've read them & they're awesome :)




2 comments:

  1. Squee!! I am glad you loved this book! It was everything I expected from hardcore rockers. I love how annoying Turner was and how he kinda changed over only 2 books! I have books 3&4 on the kindle, so I need to catch up!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved it, it was so good! Who's really annoying me is Naomi throughout all the books. I know what he did to her was messed up but seriously. I've read all the books that are currently out. They're all really good.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...