Saturday, May 10, 2014

Review: Seven Sons By Lili St. Germain


Seven Sons (Gypsy Brothers, #1)

Seven Sons By Lili St. Germain
Series: Gypsy brothers #1
Published: January 3, 2014
Source: Purchased Kindle Edition
Buy: Amazon (Current;y Free) 
My rating: 3/5 stars



My father was most certainly NOT an innocent man. As the leader of the Gypsy Brothers MC, he was guilty of many things. But he died for a crime that he didn’t commit, framed by an enemy within who then stole his club and everything he had ever worked to protect.

Including my innocence.

When Dornan Ross framed my father, he set into motion a series of events that could never be undone. My father was murdered by Dornan Ross and his sons when I was fifteen years old.

Before my father died, Dornan Ross and his seven sons stole my innocence, branded my skin and in doing so, ensured that their lives would be prematurely cut short. That they would suffer.

I’ve just turned twenty-one, and I’m out for blood. I'm out for revenge.

But I didn't expect to fall for Jase, the youngest brother in the club.

I didn't expect that he would turn my world upside down, yank my heart out of my chest and ride away into the sunset with it.

Now, I'm faced with an impossible choice - Jase, or avenging my fathers death?




"I get it, he's your father. Of course you want to be loyal to him."- Julz/Samantha

"Want to? Have to. You think you're the only one trapped here with no way out?"- Jase

Not protecting him.
Being held hostage by him.
It all makes sense now.

**********

Confucious said, "Before embarking upon a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
I plan to dig seven.- Julz

**********

"We're in a biker club, Samantha, not a goddamn minivan club."- Jase

"I don't have a helmet. Or a jacket. Or shoes." - Julz/ Samantha

"You think you're the first girl who ever came in without a helmet, jacket, or shoes?"- Jase

**********

"Are you going to stare at me all day?"- Julz

"A goddamned ghost just walked into my shop asking for a tattoo, excuse me for needing a minute to deal." -Elliot

**********


I thought this book had a good premise, I liked the plot but I was hoping that the intense scenes weren't graphic and I was wrong, they were and that's what I didn't like about it. I know it's my fault for reading a book with such graphic content, but I was hoping it didn't go into detail. I also don't like the fact that Julz has to be with Ross in order to get revenge, she has to literally be his girlfriend/ old lady. She despises him but he is infatuated and wrapped up in her that he can't see straight, she made herself exactly his type, everything he likes in a woman and he can't resist her. 

What drew me in at first was the cover, it's beautiful. When I first came across it I passed it, but the second time I decided to give it a try, it was short at 100 pages so it couldn't have that much negative content about that fateful night, and it didn't just enough to make me cringe. But surprisingly enough I made connections with all the characters and understood them, their situations, and their decisions. I say surprisingly because it's a short book your information is limited but it didn't feel that way. It felt like just enough to know the characters and want to know more.

I do like the fact that Julz took matters into her own hands and plans on taking revenge on each and every one that was involved in her terrible memory. She was such a badass! She comes back to her hometown after being away for six years, she's back and she wants to destroy everyone that harmed her. I loved her character, she suffered a lot and she's trying to make a manse, not in the healthiest way but she's part of that lifestyle and that is how you move on with your life in that world.  I love this world that Lili has created, I'm very familiar with it, it's one of the things that drew me in to this story. I love biker stories, the atmosphere, it's something I enjoy reading.

Dornan Ross, I hate him and I hope he goes to hell ASAP, but his time will come, he's in line so he'll get there. He is the baddest of them all, the manipulator of evil. He deserves everything he's going to get and I don't feel an ounce of pity towards him. I'm totally okay with Julz plan to take him down and her methods.    

I also liked the side characters; I loved Elliot and I was happy to discover that Julz and him had a history, he saved her that fateful night and helped her disappear. I loved him just for that but their relationship was so much more and I wanted things to work out for them, he was such a good guy. I also liked Jase, he high school sweetheart, but the youngest of Dornan Ross's sons. He wasn't like any of his other sons at all, they all thought he was gay because all he did was work and he wasn't seen with girls. As Julz gets closer to him she notices just how different he is and that he is just a trapped as she is, they belong to Dornan, nobody can touch them, nobody can harm them or there will be hell to pay.  

I liked a lot of aspects of this book and I dis liked a lot, but ultimately it was really good, it definitely could have done without certain scenes though. I'm glad I read it and I loved the ending, that was awesome. That said, I'm looking forward to the next books that I know are going to be awesome. Each book is short and she will kill one of Dornan's sons in them, she will watch him suffer and it will get her closer to her ultimate revenge.




2 comments:

  1. Although it was a short read it is great to see you were able to connect with the characters. I love the cover too, and it really sounds like a series I'd enjoy. Great review Itara!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi. Yeah it was pretty good and now that I've read the second book I understand a lot more.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, I comment and follow back so don't forget to leave me your links :)

Review: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell

Title: Beasts Of The Frozen Sun Author: Jill Criswell Series: Frozen Sun Saga #1 Genre: YA Fantasy Publishing Date: August 6, 2...